Monday, July 6, 2009

Lovely Flowers Bundle Hostess Level 3 - The 7 day challenge

Stop Hoarding and Make Something Will Ya!

My good Stampin' Up friend Karen Daley
here was over not to long ago and we were looking through the new catalogue here discussing what things we wanted to get or were getting? As Stampin' Up demo's we get to always do a pre-order based on selected items, so we can do projects and start planning classes. We also get to order different stamps etc from the different levels that you can earn when hosting a workshop.


As all of you know I am a hoarder, and for those who don't well it is now out there in www.land. I love paper and those rub-ons I just can't part with them if I rub them then I don't have them anymore? Karen has to be the sweetest person I know and she said, "why its so beautiful use it, enjoy it, make something will ya". OK well maybe not in those words because she is so nice, but she was right! What am I going to do with it? Just look at it? My answer would be ah ya? But I forced myself, I broke open the paper (god it is BEAUTIFUL), I broke open the rub-ons (again double yummm) and the stamp well I opened it the day it arrived and have well worn it.

Lovely Flowers Bundle Level 3 Hostess


So here is what I am going to do.

One of my favorite and inspirational designers is Ali Edwards see
here. For those of you who don't know her, and frankly how can you not, she is an author and designer a true inspiration for recording life's details and making it look so easy.
About a week or so ago I picked up her book "Sharing Your Story" Recording Life's Details with Mini Books online and totally fell in love with it. So I thought I am going to create my own Mini book (is 6 x 9 considered mini?) out of the Lovely Flowers Bundle and I am going to go hog wild. Anything I want, chipboard, overlays, dingly (is this even a word) dangly things, mini bundles with little cards, pocket envelopes, vellum envelopes with little surprises. Just plain go to town with it. Basically make Karen proud that I have broken my hoarding ways.

So here is the challenge, over the next 7 days I am going to design a two page spreads using only this bundle. At the end of the seven days I am going bind-it (this is going to be a task I have only used my bind-it twice) take a picture of the final product and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

The next 7 days I am going to post a daily two page spread that I have created, leaving the cover/back cover for the end (I think this is going to be the hardest part to design). And hopefully this will inspire you to create, record, and enjoy the simple things.

Hope you enjoy and look forward to your comments...

2 comments:

Card a la Carte said...

Aaaaaah, from one hoarder to another: good luck! I think you're very courageous in your challenge and I can't wait to see your scrapbook. You do beautiful work so it should be awesome.
CC

Karen said...

LOL! You're the sweetie! :-)
I guess I'm going to have to take my own advice from now on and stop hoarding! I can't wait to see what you've made with that gorgeous bundle. I bet it's fabulous - just as fabulous as you are.