Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Sunday - Dad - WOW SWAP 2010

Happy Sunday!

Gosh it has been seriously to long between post and I apologize, things have calmed down a little for now. Dad is healing well and will be starting radiation treatments which means more trips to Kingston. All I am praying for is that he makes it through these treatments, and that he isn't to tired, nor sick from it and that he feels loved. Each day I tell him how much I love him and what a great dad he is, each moment with him is so important to me and I want him to know that. I find lately I have been telling people how important they are to me and that I love them knowing that tomorrow is another day and with that are changes. Life is to short and I want those to know how important they are to me. So if I haven't told you, thank you and I love you, thanks for being a important part of my life.


Stampin Girl's Convention 2010 WOW SWAP

Today's share is from our local Stampin Girl's Convention 2010 WOW SWAP. Each year our group gets together, we have a guest speaker, this year it was Andrea Walford and she was fantastic. All morning was spent, watching demo's, sharing and working on make and takes. After lunch we do a WOW SWAP, for this you are required to do anything you want as long as it is not a card, or cards, it should WOW and be different. Each year I try and do something unique last year I did a key chain see here using 5th Avenue Floral and the year before that a necklace.

For this years project I thought I would do something modern and totally different. I thought to myself what is something everyone has and uses everyday and can't live without. And then I thought why not a cute little iPOD Touch case and even better why not use my Big Shot? So off I went to the fabric store, I knew what I want and that was felt soft bright felt. There are many online company's that are selling rolls of felt for card making and scrap booking (e-mail me privately if you want to know) but I was able to find it locally at Fabric land in Kanata, just 1/2 drive from Carleton Place. And here is what I made:

Island Floral by Stampin Up!

Each person who participated in the swap also received a FREE iPod Touch with there case! OK it was a print out cut out of card stock but it was so much fun to say, here is your FREE IPod Touch and your case. LOL!

I used Velcro circles for the flower so that you can make different ones and change it up everyday, the ideas are endless.


I hope to be holding a local class on this and will soon add a supply list and instructions on how to create. This project is super simple, and a great thing to show your customers on how versatile the Big Shot is!

1 comment:

Karen said...

What a wonderful idea! I love your Wow swaps. I haven't seen the others, but I know this one had to have been the very nicest. What a cool idea! And then to have the printout of an iPod touch inside - you are so funny! :-)
Love it!!!!